How to Reuse FloodSax Sandless Sandbags
We are often asked, "How do I reuse FloodSax?". Here the steps:
- Dry out the bags - Leave in a dry, airy place (a fan may help, but do not heat.. no hair dryers or heaters)
- Make sure they have not absorbed hazardous water/liquids. One reason they are white.. so you can see if ‘bad stuff’ is in there. If in question, dispose safely.
- Can take up to 2-3 weeks.. or longer if they get rained on in the process.
- You will be able to be reactivate, but won’t expand to original size. They will eventually get light and manageable though.
- Storage - Do not put in a bag or sealed space/bin until completely dry. The moisture can propagate mold/mildew if not dried completely (like a sponge or a towel in a bag)
FloodSax Sandless Sandbags are reusable only in fresh water. Contaminated liquids absorbed should be handled with care and disposed of per government hazmat standards.